PressForward is brought to you by the same people behind widely-used, open academic research platforms such as Zotero and Omeka: the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media at George Mason University.
Initiated by Dan Cohen and Tom Scheinfeldt, PressForward is directed by Joan Fragaszy Troyano and Sean Takats. Stephanie Westcott serves as project manager and Lisa M. Rhody joins as co-editor of Journal of Digital Humanities. The Pressforward Plugin is developed by Aram Zucker-Scharff and Boone B. Gorges. Graduate Research Assistants who have provided extensive support to the project include: Lindsey Bestebreurtje, Sasha Hoffman, Amanda Morton, Ben Schneider, and Jeri Wieringa.
PressForward is generously funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
PressForward’s advisory board includes leading thinkers and doers in publishing and scholarly communication:
- Adam Aston, science and industry journalist and former editor at BusinessWeek and The Economist
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, MediaCommons founder; Director of the Modern Language Association‘s Office of Scholarly Communication
- Peter Jerram, CEO, Public Library of Science (PLoS)
- Shana Kimball, Business Development Manager for Digital Initiatives and Knowledge Unlatched at New York Public Library
- David Kirsch, Associate Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, University of Maryland‘s Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor, The Atlantic; co-creator of Longshot magazine and The San Francisco Post-Chronicle; former writer at Wired.com
- Steve Wheatley, Vice President, American Council of Learned Societies