The PressForward team is excited to announce the release of PressForward 4.3. This release includes a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Most notably, the release includes updates to the Nominate This Bookmarklet. Enhancements will resolve a longstanding issue with Reclaim and HostGator hosting services. If you are experiencing issues with the Nominate This bookmarklet, please make sure that you are using the latest version of PressForward. After updating the PressForward plugin please make sure to uninstall the bookmarklet you are currently using (delete the bookmarklet from your bookmark bar) and then reinstall the updated bookmarklet from the tools tab in PressForward.
Props to @chrisaldrich for providing a fix to issue #894.
- Restructured Nominate This. It should now work with servers with non-standard WP_ADMIN folder configurations and those hosts who turn off direct access to the plugin folder, including HostGator and Reclaim.
- Fix for post save interception leaking to other non-standard post types.
- Fixed Post Meta intercept breaking downstream filtering functions that also intercepted post meta.
- Nominate This errors no longer show if the site is not in WP_DEBUG mode.
- Significant improvements to Readability’s parsing and selection of article content.
- The bookmarklet no longer throws error if MBString library is not active in PHP
- Fixed a bug that caused the Refresh All Feeds debugging tool to fail.
- Nominations without authors now display the default author as the original source.
- Fixed several conflicts with other plugins that prevented their options and settings pages from loading.
- Redirects on published and forwarding posts will now redirect faster.
- Add support for Dublin Core publisher information in PressForward’s outbound RSS feed.
- Allow developers to filter the date limiting of RSS ingestion through filter `pf_rss_ingestion_retrieve_after_date`. This new filter will allow users to ingest feed items older than 60 days.
- Increase compatibility with Schema.org on-page meta.
- Prepared Readability Endpoint