The PressForward team is excited to announce the release of PressForward 5.1, which includes a number of bug fixes and a new email notification feature.
Our most notable new feature in this release, is the ability for users to receive an email notification when a new post has been nominated. This new feature, which is located in the ‘site options’ tab of PressForward’s ‘Preferences’ page, allows administrators to provide a comma separated list of email addresses that will receive a notification anytime an item is nominated. The PressForward team would like to thank outside contributor @yoannspace for taking the lead in implementing this new feature.
This release also includes improvements to the PressForward API which can now be filtered using query arguments. This will allow interested individuals to filter endpoint metadata to include posts for a specific year, month, or day. The list of supported query functions can be found at [site]/wp-json/pf/v1/.
This release also improves PressForward’s ability to recognize and automatically pull in featured images, reducing the need to manually save and upload images associated with specific posts. The 5.1 release also contains a bug fix that will prevent the duplication of featured images in the media library when posts are nominated from both the Nominate This Bookmarklet and All Content.
To see a list of all the commits and changes in version 5.1, check out our GitHub milestone.
- Users can now receive email notifications when an item is nominated.
- The PressForward API can now be filtered using query arguments.
- PressForward is now compatible with the WPMU SmartCrawl SEO plugin.
- Fixed a bug that prevented items that were nominated and also sent to draft by the same user from appearing in posts.
- Fixed a bug created by emojis.
- Fixed a bug that prevented featured images from being added.
- Fixed a bug that allowed for images to be duplicated in the media library when nominated from both the Nominate This Bookmarklet and All Content.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PressForward from collecting content from certain feeds.
- Fixed a bug that created compatibility issues with older versions of PHP.
- Changed the language on the ‘Add Feeds’ page button to read “Submit” instead of “Save Changes.”
- Fixed a bug to ensure that nominated items in all content remain marked as nominated.
- Items read in Reader View are now marked as “Read” in All Content.
- Fixed a bug that caused items nominated from both the Nominate This Bookmarklet and All Content to be duplicated.