Is PressForward a publishing platform (like InDesign, WordPress, or Open Journal Systems, etc.)?
- PressForward is not itself a publishing platform. We are developing a suite of WordPress plugins to facilitate the aggregation, curation, and redistribution of content collected from the open web via web feeds.
- The first plugin, simply called PressForward, is a feed aggregator for the backend of WordPress.
What does the PressForward plugin do exactly?
- The PressForward plugin lets you aggregate your web feeds within your WordPress installation in order to facilitate the redistribution of that content. The plugin offers an interface to manage your feed subscriptions, review incoming content, comment on individual items, “nominate” content from aggregated contents or any website, and create a draft of selected item in your regular WordPress dashboard.
Is the PressForward plugin a replacement for Google Reader?
- It depends. If you used Google Reader to review content for redistribution on your own website, then you might find PressForward a useful replacement. You also may choose the plugin to serve as a feed reader, because it provides a comfortable reading environment for aggregated content.
Can you publish my journal/book/article?
- We are not a publisher in the traditional sense. We have initiated experimental publications to develop various methods and tools for surfacing, reviewing, and redistributing scholarly content on the open web. We can assist scholarly communities interested in developing their own web-first publications, but we do not work with individual authors.